U.S. Citizen Services
Information for Travelers
Ebola Fact Sheet for Travelers (2016)
U.S. citizens should take note of information on Ebola Virus Disease and the screening process provided below.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requires that all persons traveling to the United States from Guinea enter the United States through one of the five airports with enhanced screening and resources – New York's Kennedy, Newark’s Liberty, Washington's Dulles, Chicago's O'Hare, and Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson airports. Enhanced entry screening has been discontinued for Sierra Leone and Liberia. Click here for more info.
Please refer to the Bureau of Consular Affairs website for further information.
For any emergency involving an American citizen which occurs outside office hours and which cannot wait until the Embassy reopens, please call the Embassy Duty Officer directly at (230) 5 253 3641.
- Changes to Schedule of Fees for Consular Services (PDF - 99KB)
• Visa Requirements for Mauritius (PDF - 80KB)
• Customs Information for Mauritus (PDF - 78KB)
• Drug Offenses in Mauritius (PDF - 80KB)
• Obtaining a Residency Permit in Mauritius (PDF - 288KB)
• Obtaining a Work Permit in Mauritius (PDF - 184KB)
• Getting Married in Mauritius for non-Mauritians Resident in Mauritius (PDF - 111KB)
• Getting Married in Mauritius for non-Mauritians NOT Resident in Mauritius (PDF - 115KB)
The PDF documents can be downloaded using Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader, download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.