U.S. Citizen Services
Information for Travelers
Please refer to the Bureau of Consular Affairs website for further information.
For any emergency involving an American citizen which occurs outside office hours and which cannot wait until the Embassy reopens, please call the Embassy Duty Officer directly at (230) 253 3641.
- Changes to Schedule of Fees for Consular Services (PDF - 99KB)
• Visa Requirements for Mauritius (PDF - 80KB)
• Customs Information for Mauritus (PDF - 78KB)
• Drug Offenses in Mauritius (PDF - 80KB)
• Obtaining a Residency Permit in Mauritius (PDF - 82KB)
• Obtaining a Work Permit in Mauritius (PDF - 82KB)
• Getting Married in Mauritius for non-Mauritians Resident in Mauritius (PDF - 111KB)
• Getting Married in Mauritius for non-Mauritians NOT Resident in Mauritius (PDF - 115KB)
The PDF documents can be downloaded using Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader, download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.