Information for Travelers
Please refer to the Bureau of Consular Affairs website for further information.
In Case of Emergency:
If you are an American citizen in Mauritius, Seychelles or Reunion Island (France) with an after-hours emergency, please call our duty officer at (230) 253 3641.
For Non-Emergency Issues: U.S. citizens are encouraged to contact the Consular Section at (230) 202-4400 or (230) 202 4437 or via email at PTLConsular@state.gov for an appointment prior to coming to the Embassy to ensure the availability of consular staff.
For your information, normal Consular Hours are:
Monday to Thursday: 7:30 to 16:45
Friday: 7:30 to 12:30
The Consular Section is located on the fourth floor of the Rogers House, President John Kennedy Street, Port Louis. Our telephone numbers are country code (230) 202 4400 / 202 4432. Email: PTLConsular@state.gov.
Please note the Embassy is approximately one hour drive from the airport and 40 minutes drive from the North coast.
Seychelles Consular Agency - Business Hours
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: 8:30 - 12:30.
The Consular Agency is located on the Second Floor of the Oliaji Trade Center, in Victoria, Mahe.
The Consular Agency is approximately half an hour drive from the airport.
• Visa Requirements for Mauritius (PDF - 80KB)
• Customs Information for Mauritus (PDF - 78KB)
• Drug Offenses in Mauritius (PDF - 80KB)
• Obtaining a Residency Permit in Mauritius (PDF - 82KB)
• Obtaining a Work Permit in Mauritius (PDF - 82KB)
• Getting Married in Mauritius for non-Mauritians Resident in Mauritius (PDF - 111KB)
• Getting Married in Mauritius for non-Mauritians NOT Resident in Mauritius (PDF - 115KB)
The PDF documents can be downloaded using Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader, download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.